Welcome - Please Read

Welcome. I wanted to provide stripboard layouts I've made to help people new to electronics and even the more experienced get into different aspects of electronics.

I verify the layouts before I post them.

My Facebook Group: www.facebook.com/StripboardLayouts - Please Add For Updates!
My Twitter Thing: @InSonicBloom

Saturday 26 May 2012

Stepper Motor Controller Stripboard Veroboard

This weeks entry is a stepper motor driver. you will notice this has 4 LEDs on the board, this is to stop flyback current from damaging the other semi conductors, they are necessary so don't omit them + you could maybe mount them on a control panel cause the flickering looks cool.

when I made this circuit I used a motor I ripped out of an old HP deskjet so I used the colour code on the wires on the board layout so I have included a stepper motor diagram that shows where the wires actually go so you can use any stepper motor

similar NPN transistors can be used - I just have loads of BC549s


NOTE: pin 14 of the CD4013 is connected to the 12v rail






it is moving, it's just kind of hard to capture the act of movement in a still picture, still kudos to my phone camera for not blurring on movement.

No comments:

Post a Comment