Welcome - Please Read

Welcome. I wanted to provide stripboard layouts I've made to help people new to electronics and even the more experienced get into different aspects of electronics.

I verify the layouts before I post them.

My Facebook Group: www.facebook.com/StripboardLayouts - Please Add For Updates!
My Twitter Thing: @InSonicBloom

Tuesday 1 May 2012

70dB gain LM386 Amplifier Stripboard Veroboard

it always bores me when I see people use this IC, only because everyone does but I played around and got abit more gain out of it - so here you go.



5 comments:

  1. If I were to want to add a gain control on this, I'd replace R3 with a 10k pot right? Just looking for clarification.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. pretty much yeah. though if you want a more powerful amp try this http://www.paulinthelab.com/2013/02/sparky-5-watt-amplifier-stripboard.html

      Delete
    2. Thanks! The LED indicates input correct? Not just power? I'm planning to build this circuit as part of a modular synth to extract a "gate" type voltage from the LED by running a 1 cycle pulse into the amp at high volume.
      If that is the case, do you know by any chance what the voltage is at the LED? I haven't built the circuit so I can't test yet.

      Cheers again!

      Delete
    3. no it's just a power LED - it was the sort of thing people like to have power LEDs onboard so I included it.
      I have considered doing a peak detector circuit for my more powerful amps like the SPARKY or the tonesucker (elsewhere on this site) but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

      Delete
    4. Right on. Thanks for the clarification! I'm using the Ken Stone Transistorized LED circuit, but just cant get my audio to have enough umph out of certain devices.

      I'd be interested to see your take on a peak detector.
      Thanks again for the comments and clarifications!

      Delete