Welcome - Please Read

Welcome. I wanted to provide stripboard layouts I've made to help people new to electronics and even the more experienced get into different aspects of electronics.

I verify the layouts before I post them.

My Facebook Group: www.facebook.com/StripboardLayouts - Please Add For Updates!
My Twitter Thing: @InSonicBloom

Wednesday 20 June 2012

555 Astable Timer Circuit Fragment Stripboard Veroboard Layout


I thought I would lash up a quick Astable 555 timer layout because this is one circuit that gets used a hell of alot - I certainly do. I included a little bit of math on the schematic but that's purely for the sake of it, normally I would just use a trimpot or something unless space is at a premium however even then it's not that important because you can use a trimpot/resistor substitution box to find the value required rather than doing boring mathematics.
it's always best to just try things until they work the way you need it to work otherwise you get bogged down with boring numbers.

I was also going to include the "one shot" version of the circuit because it's pretty useful when you need to convert something like a tact button press to a specific timed pulse so you don't get ghost switching but in the end I didn't, I'll save that till next time I can't think of something to do


EDIT: I just realized I made a little error on the "boring math shit" I meant to write for "t1" (R1+R2)xC1= 1.5mS
it doesn't really matter regarding the stripboard - that's fine, I just wanted to correct the little Math I do

No comments:

Post a Comment