Welcome - Please Read

Welcome. I wanted to provide stripboard layouts I've made to help people new to electronics and even the more experienced get into different aspects of electronics.

I verify the layouts before I post them.

My Facebook Group: www.facebook.com/StripboardLayouts - Please Add For Updates!
My Twitter Thing: @InSonicBloom

Monday 30 April 2012

Atomic Clock

just a small "on a whim" eBay purchase - a rubidium clock which was (literately) sawn off an old mobile phone tower.
not really much in the way of electronics all I built were power supplies really but I think it's a cool little project and I use it to sync my midi/digital equipment - not that you need an atomic clock to do that but it cost £40 and all those weird audiophiles will love it.

on the datasheet for this thing, it had a note saying that it's locked into it's super-accurateness when the output goes low on the indicator output. so I made a little transistor switch to light an LED when it goes low

edit: whilst looking up some info on RF I came across this site which has some brilliant information on how to adapt your own version of this very atomic standard Rubidium Standard




Technical Manual


2 comments: