Welcome - Please Read

Welcome. I wanted to provide stripboard layouts I've made to help people new to electronics and even the more experienced get into different aspects of electronics.

I verify the layouts before I post them.

My Facebook Group: www.facebook.com/StripboardLayouts - Please Add For Updates!
My Twitter Thing: @InSonicBloom

Friday 24 April 2015

Proper Op Amp Termination


I've been designing a sampler recently (sorry, there won't be a stripboard for that, it's way too complicated!) however I was using a quad opamp for a part of it but I only needed 3 of the op-amps which gave me the idea to post a little tutorial on the correct way to terminate unused op-amps and a brief explanation why (I'm sure there are very in depth youtube videos/documents elsewhere)

the extremely brief reason to terminate a op-amp correctly is that it may draw extra current or it will pick up noise (or both)





2 comments:

  1. Very nice diagram!

    In addition to your notes in the image:
    The inputs on the right-most op amp might just be JFET inputs.
    Those things are REALLY high resistance.
    It is hard to know what the voltage at the input will be when nothing is connected to those.
    Who knows what the op amp will be doing if the inputs are left "floating"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks dude - I do sometimes leave out a ton of information so people take it in better.

      Delete