Welcome - Please Read

Welcome. I wanted to provide stripboard layouts I've made to help people new to electronics and even the more experienced get into different aspects of electronics.

I verify the layouts before I post them.

My Facebook Group: www.facebook.com/StripboardLayouts - Please Add For Updates!
My Twitter Thing: @InSonicBloom

Tuesday 11 November 2014

Obsidian Overdrive Stripboard Veroboard Layout

This is quite a brutal high gain overdrive by Joe Davisson based on another pedal called the massacre.
it's a very mod friendly circuit - some good places to start are changing some of the capacitors (C1, C6 and C8) for example.
I actually knocked the layout up in 15 minutes but because I have been in so much pain due to a dislocated knee - it took me 2 sittings to actually build it (the valium kicked in 30 minutes into the first half)
anyway it sounds immense
if you have any issues with switching refer to FX Switching

REMEMBER THIS IS A POSITIVE GROUND CIRCUIT - it needs it's own isolated supply eg a battery
otherwise you're going to have a bad time



1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    I can't find BS250 at all. Is the BS250P a possible equivalent (just the pin out is swapped but looks similar) or is there another equivalent ?

    Thanks !

    Bruno from France.

    ReplyDelete