Welcome - Please Read

Welcome. I wanted to provide stripboard layouts I've made to help people new to electronics and even the more experienced get into different aspects of electronics.

I verify the layouts before I post them.

My Facebook Group: www.facebook.com/StripboardLayouts - Please Add For Updates!
My Twitter Thing: @InSonicBloom

Sunday 28 July 2013

Poor Mans Audio Signal Generator Stripboard Veroboard Layout


this is something I made in school 15 odd years ago. you had to take a square wave, use a passive filter network to convert the signal to triangle and sine - this also has square and integrator waveforms. it's quite good up to 1 KHz but after that it starts to clip and go funny but it's more than adequate as an extremely cheap audio signal generator using 2 transistors and 1 LM555 timer IC - if you've gone through alot of my projects you'll notice how useful this IC is by now.

I have done another signal generator project that uses a proprietary ICL8038 IC Project can be found HERE which is more fully featured as far as project function generators go but the IC can be costly in certain places where as you can go on the grey market (IE eBay china sellers) and pick up hundreds of them for next to nothing.




1 comment: