Welcome - Please Read

Welcome. I wanted to provide stripboard layouts I've made to help people new to electronics and even the more experienced get into different aspects of electronics.

I verify the layouts before I post them.

My Facebook Group: www.facebook.com/StripboardLayouts - Please Add For Updates!
My Twitter Thing: @InSonicBloom

Tuesday 24 July 2012

Linear - Log etc. Potentiometer Conversion


sometimes it's not always possible to get the response you want from an existing potentiometer and sometimes like me, you don't want to have to keep buying loads of different types of potentiometer
or you're just too lazy to reach upto the draw with the log pots in and the linear ones are nearer, whatever the reason you can alter the response curve using the following schematics - I didn't bother doing a stripboard layout for these because it's pretty much 1 or 2 resistors - I tend to use resistors the same value or higher than the pot value however you can bias the curve response to one side or the other using lower values that the pot.

anyway experiment until it does the right thing, that's the best way


2 comments:

  1. Are you sure about Log and Rev Log drawings?
    I mean, I always believed that was the opposite way...
    Am I wrong?

    ReplyDelete